Today Ubisoft announced its lineup of titles for the 2005 Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3), to be held May 18–20, 2005. GameCube versions are reportedly still in development, but will not be featured at E3.
Games developed for next-generation consoles will be shown at E3. A preview of Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon 3 (working title) will demonstrate some of the incredible capacities of the new console. Ubisoft will also provide a glimpse of Peter Jackson’s King Kong, being developed for all platforms, including next-generation.
E3 attendees will also get a sneak peek at AND 1 Streetball, Ubisoft’s first sports game, the next title in the critically acclaimed Prince of Persia franchise and much more.
Below is the complete list of Ubisoft titles to be shown at E3 2005:
• AND 1 Streetball [PlayStation 2 computer entertainment system]: Experience the jaw-dropping moves of genuine streetball legends or establish your reputation by creating your own unique moves and signature style.
• Far Cry Instincts [Xbox]: The PC survival shooter and smash hit of 2004 re-imagined for console gamers.
• Heroes of Might & Magic V [PC]: The legendary heroic fantasy game returns, based on features and values of the original saga, but with a more mature fantasy universe and unrivaled innovation.
• 187 Ride or Die [PlayStation 2, Xbox]: Outrageous urban combat racing comes to life as you defend your turf.
• Peter Jackson’s King Kong [PlayStation 2, Xbox, next-generation console]: Experience the must-have game based on Universal Pictures’ King Kong film from Academy Award winning director Peter Jackson.
• Prince of Persia 3 [PlayStation 2, Xbox]: Blending the winning elements from the first two masterpieces to bring a unique and unexpected twist to the award-winning franchise.
• Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII (working title) [Xbox]: Experience the most gripping and famous battles of World War II through the eyes of a squadron commander and ace fighter pilot.
• Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon 3 (working title) [next-generation console]: Next-generation console technology meets the soldier of the future to revolutionize the classic squad-based shooter.
• Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Lockdown [PlayStation 2, Xbox]: The critically acclaimed multiplayer experience returns with the all new Rivalry Mode and Persistent Elite Creation Mode.
• America’s Army: Rise of a Soldier [PlayStation 2, Xbox]: The most authentic military game to date incorporating true-to-life character progression with an all-new Career mode (displayed at the U.S. Army Booth, #1608 in the South Hall).
Two additional Ubisoft titles will be shown behind closed doors:
• Brothers in Arms Road to Hill 30: New Chapter (working title) [PC, Xbox]: Gearbox Software’s stunning follow up to what is already considered the best World War II military action game.
• Myst V: End of Ages [PC]: Resolve unanswered questions in the breathtaking finale to the epic journey.
“Ubisoft will show attendees the incredible capacities of next-generation consoles and confirm our mastery of current technology through the overall outstanding quality of the games present on our booth,” said Yves Guillemot, president and chief executive officer of Ubisoft.