Electronic Arts today announced that TimeSplitters Future Perfect has shipped to North American stores under the EA GAMES brand. Produced by EA Partners and developed by Free Radical Design Ltd., TimeSplitters Future Perfect marks the return of the critically-acclaimed console first-person shooter franchise.
Featuring innovative “meet and assist yourself” gameplay, TimeSplitters Future Perfect challenges players to team up with past, present and future versions of themselves as they battle their way through an action-packed story spanning more than 500 years and loaded with the series’ trademark humor.
The game features:
• A deep story mode taking players from a 1914 Scottish castle to the frontlines of a robot war in 2243
• Online multiplayer action for up to 16 gamers on Xbox Live and 8-player action for the PlayStation 2 computer entertainment system, in 11 unique online game modes, including Deathmatch, Shrink, Thief, Capture the Bag, Virus, Vampire and more
• Co-op mode allowing gamers to play through the entire single-player game with a friend
• Deep Arcade and Challenge modes offering dozens of mini-games and offline multiplayer action
• More than 150 playable characters, from robotic super soldiers and Cold War commandos to zombie nurses and pistol-packing monkeys
• Easy-to-use Mapmaker tools allowing players to create their own single and multiplayer levels and share them online for endless replay value
• More than 40 era-specific weapons and vehicles — from time disruption grenades and giant mechs to flare guns and machine-gun mounted trucks
TimeSplitters Future Perfect is available for the PlayStation 2 computer entertainment system, Xbox video game system from Microsoft and Nintendo GameCube. The game is rated M for Mature and carries an MSRP of $49.95. For more information about the game please visit http://info.ea.com or the game’s official Web site www.timesplitters.ea.com.